Monday, December 29, 2008

IT WAS A GREAT CHRISTMAS

Well Christmas day was GREAT. I got ready and wore my faithful basic black baseball cap. (lol). My friend picked me up and then took the 1 1/2 hr drive up to the lake. Very nice drive through part of the everglades then the sugar cane fields. As we drove I was thinking about how i looked bald and not looking like the way I really do, this was getting me nervous. How would they react when the see me? Well, The Bray family were the nicest down to earth people you would ever want to meet. I was welcomed into there home which was filled with Christmas decorations, some of which my family had when I was growing up. I felt welcomed immediately (well I still felt like I was still company but these people were so friendly and nice. That I dont even think they notice I was bald and not looking like I use to. I met DeAnna ( the one that made the special christmas cards for me, She was great, we hugged and chatted like we knew each other for years. My friend had told his family what i was going through, and that I would be wearing my basecap indoors which was not a problem for any of them. (I was brought up that men need to take off hats when entering a persons home, so me leaving it on in someones house was very uncomfortable for me) There were a few other men there that had baseball caps on so i didnt feel so uncomfortable about wearing mine. At dinner which has was one of the best home cooked meals I had in a very long time, the other guys took off there caps when they came to the table, i didnt notice this until i set down to eat. Well I must of been feeling right at home so I took off my cap and ate, the only thing that was said was that I could leave it on that they understood. I decided to leave it off through dinner. As in most families people take pictures in front of the Christmas trees, I felt so comfortable being there that I had my picture taken. YIKES what a scary photo of me, and one for all of us to laugh at when this is all over. I now I have a memory of being with a Family during Christmas and feeling like I was right at Home, instead of a memory of the Christmas of me during my chemo.
TO THE FAMILY AND NEW FRIENDS I WAS WITH THIS CHRISTMAS,
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR MAKING THE HOLIDAY FOR ME, ONE TO REMEMBER.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great post about me and my family. We loved having you with us and glad you were comfortable. We are a southern down to earth family and we welcome people in our home always. We enjoyed our visit with you too and everyone commented on how nice you were. The food was good and the company was even better. :) I love my family and its nice to be around them during the holidays.
    Hope to see you at many more. :)
    hugs and love, DEAnna

    ReplyDelete