Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Family During Chemo

This is probably the hardest to discuss. At my age when you suppose to be there for your parents, and relatives, now you find them worrying about you. Something that you don't wish on anyone. My parents and the rest of the family live in the north east Long Island New York. They have always seen me as the fun outgoing person. That changes, with this treatment well it has for me. My parents are arriving this Saturday, it will be the first time they see me without hair and looking on the frail side. I hope i can keep it together and have the strength to hold back the tears once I see them. Then there is my Aunt, she has gone through chemo, raised two children and worked during most of it. Talk about a woman that may not look strong but to me she is a woman HERCULES. I did not realize what she went through, it is amazing. Today she is cancer free for a number of years and looks great. I love her so much for being a rock for me and my parents. My brother Don and his family also have been very supportive, they call daily and try to get me to move up there, however Fort Lauderdale is my home. Of course then we all have ex's in our lives who happen to have current partners, my ex Bob and his new partner Troy have been extremely supportive, offering so much help and support during this treatment. Troy is current partner has brought over soup, and has offered on a number of occasions to cook for me. Thank God for them I had a place to go on Thanksgiving. Then there is the cousins, and nieces that I have, all wanting to see me, and visit. However, I would not want them to see me this way and would prefer to have them see me at my best when this is all over. I have a loving family, and would not changed any of them. I LOVE ALL OF YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment