Tuesday, December 16, 2008

When Parents Come Visit

I knew the parents were coming and I was glad they were, thought t would be great. When they arrived and we picked them up all was good, no emotional breakdowns from anyone. However the following night was a different story. I wanted to take the parents to meet my two friends that have been GREAT caring for me in the times of need. It was suppose to be a nice evening after dinner we would head over to another two friends for coffee and pastries. After them getting here I felt I lost my inner strength here was my parents in my home not on vacation but just for me, that's when i realized i was sick and going through something serious. I didn't feel like the strong man anymore i felt more like the little kid that needed to be cared for. I was feeling overwhelmed and getting emotional the whole day. During dinner I wanted to toast to the 4 people who are the most important to me in my life, Mom, Dad, Don and most of all Phil, but I could not finish without breaking down. I want them all to know how much I appreciate all they have and are doing for me.
The following day physically i was feeling great and then realized why was i being so emotional. It was my parents being here, the much wanted, expexcted and needed visit from them. Them being here is a constent reminder I was sick. So no matter how I was feeling I would know i was sick, they were here to take care of me, be the caring parents they were when i was growing up.
I expressed to them what I was feeling and why i was so emotional and they understood, but no matter what they were here to see me. Things are good i am feeling strong again, I went to the gym and had a good workout and even feel it today. Life goes on people will care, and its alright to get emotional at times and let it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment