Monday, December 8, 2008

I Lost My Hair

I was told, so I was expecting it. So why was I so upset? The nurses at the office suggested to have a head shaving party, some said just cut it off before it falls out. I waited until it started to fall out unfortunately it did not take long. My hair started coming out with 10 days after my first treatment. I immediately called my friends for support and a shoulder to cry on. They came they buzzed the hair off and there i was bald (Yikes). Instead of staying in and being depressed about it, I showered and changed and went to the gym to meet my personal trainer Phil Bray.
I wore my new look like a sign of courage, we can not hide our hair loss, people know and they understand. If anything i have found, my friends, neighbors and even strangers looking at me not in a distant way but in a way to tell me they knew what I was going through and were giving me the look that your going to be OK, and your hair will grow back. My best personal advice is to lean on your friends, get use to your new look and have plenty of baseball caps.

Click here for full article: I Lost My Hair

No comments:

Post a Comment