Friday, December 19, 2008

Dedicated to My Parents

Well the parents left, and just to set the record straight I do love them VERY VERY MUCH. However it was very rough having them here. I will explain that. Every other time I saw them I was working, my career was in full swing making good money and looking good. Other times when they came to visit I was taking them out to eat, shopping and buying them gifts almost daily. I was doing everything for them hoping they would enjoy themselves and to make them proud of me. Now this time they saw me I was not only on disability but feeling like I looked it. My friends all said I looked good in my new shaved head. They took me shopping for the holidays and trying to organize my condo for me which at the time I was acting more annoyed then grateful. I felt like they are here something must be wrong they want to do everything for me, I lost my strength that I was holding on to, so I thought. I let them hang my artwork that I been wanting to do, let my mom organize a closet or two, they did more than enough for me. However, I was up set because now i felt weak and felt that I lost the strength that I had. I said things or if I didn't show how grateful I was that they were here, for me there youngest son. They left today, my house is quiet again nobody waiting on me hand and foot, yes I will admit I miss them already. The most important thing for me was setting there minds at ease about me being 1500 miles away from them. They met ALL OF MY SUPPORT GROUP, the downstairs neighbor and her son, my friends Don and Phil, and the lady that offered to sit with me during my chemo treatments. They left here knowing I was being watched over, and that if I needed anything someone would be there for me. That was my gift to them letting them know they do not have to worry about me 24/7. They LOVED ALL OF THEM.

1 comment:

  1. You get better and get a bicycle ;-)

    I know this has been hard for you, but just keep on writing and let the words and thoughts wash out of you. You have much to share.

    xoxo
    Albie

    ReplyDelete