Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Another Lab Day / Holiday Gifts

This morning I woke up with mixed emotions about going for my labs and having the doctors appointment. First my Mom, was going to go with me, was I ready to have the possibility of bad news in front of my mother, NO, not at all. I stopped on the way to the office and picked up 3 boxes of holiday chocolates, one for the lab ladies that I see every Wednesday, another for the nurses who administer the chemo, and one for the doctor. Here I was giving a box of candy to a group of people who are saving my life. What in the world could I give them it to show them all how grateful I am for there kindness, empathy that they show me, and most of all for doing such a great job in my health care. This leads me to the other group of people in my life who have done more for me then I can say. Those people my parents, and my friends that have been there for me during this time of need. What do I do, how could I show them my appreciation? I am not sure what I can possibly give them that would measure up to what they have done for me. I know for a fact that if any of these people need anything I will be there for them. I would give the shirt off my back to help any of them. I want them all to know I love them, not for just being there for me but for being the people they are.
Getting back to my doctors visit, well good news was reported thinking that my next chemo was going to be on the 24th, and then have 3 more after that. I was told today by my doctor that I was responding very well to the chemo and that I would only need three more. So instead of going on Wednesday the 24th It was moved to Monday 22nd, so I will be on the down hill side of the hill after Monday and only have two more treatments. This is a Great Day. I can not wait to tell everyone.

1 comment:

  1. only 2 more after next week???!! thats really uplifting news Jeff! you can absolutely do what you need to do to get through them. great great great holiday news :) luv, ReA

    ReplyDelete