Thursday, December 11, 2008

Maintaining Physical & Emotional Strenght

While I was in the doctors office yesterday waiting for my blood count i found a brochure "Cancer and Nutrition" this pamphlet listed the most comon side effects we exprience, coping tips, and suggest products that we can take to to Help. I highly suggest checking it out.
http://www.nestlenutritionstore.com/cancer.asp

It is very important to eat correctly for a number of reasons. Eating correctly will ensure you get your daily required amount of vitamins and nutrients that your body needs. Especially going through these treatment. I am sure your doctor will suggest vitamin supplements you can take. My doctor told me to take Magnesium, Calcium, and a B-complex, this is suppose to help me with the signs of the nerve damage I have been experiencing in my feet and finger tips. Another reason every body needs a certain amount of nutritious calories to maintain a healthy weight. My trainer Phil knew what I weighed and what I needed to do to get back to that desired weight. So to prevent me from loosing anymore weight while under treatment he created a 7 day diet plan that includes all the calories my body needs to maintain a healthy body weight. Go to his site for a FREE SAMPLE DIET, go to this page and scroll down to the bottom and click on one of the seven day diet plans and save it to your computer, also to let you know ALL THE E-BOOKS on that page are FREE down load one or all of them. If you would like a customized diet plan whether it be for Maintaining, Loosing, or Gaining Weight he can do that also. I am currently on a diet plan strictly for maintenance, however once my treatments stop and I am changing my diet plan to gaining. I want to get back to the 19o I was before this all happened.

I have been very lucky with my emotional strength. I am not trying to say I am handle these treatments easy or taking it like a man. I did my crying, feeling sorry for myself, and sometimes even suicidal. I realized I needed to accept the help and support of my FAMILY and FRIENDS. PLEASE DO, swallow that pride you had all your life, let yourself cry and I mean CRY let it out, express your feeling. I have and still do, and will continue to do so and I feel BETTER ABOUT MYSELF EVERYDAY.
This last part was hard for me to complete, not everyone knew how bad I was feeling at times. (they will now) I encourage fellow chemo patients and all readers please make comments for this will help me with my daily blog entries. Thank You, Jeff

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jeff.... Loving your blog and how imformative it is, I know its going to help people that are going through the same thing or no someone that is. Its very inspiring, I know it gets you down but keep your head up high, dont' worry about the hair, its just something on you that doesn't make you the person you are on the inside. You know deep down you are a strong person and I keep you in my thoughts and prayers everyday. I can't say I understand what you are going through because I don't but i have been through clinical depression more than once and have had the bad suicidal thoughts too. I don't know if you are a religious guy but keep God close to your heart and ask him to give you the strength you need to get through all of this mentally and physically. Keep yourself mentally strong and it will help you physically mend. Look forward to meeting you at CHristmas. (hint hint). Hugs and love, DEAnna

    ReplyDelete