Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Going For Weekly Lab Work

Today I went for my labs to get my white and red blood cell count. It is important to know this because the treatments effect the blood count and if the white cell count is low the treatments have to be changed or discontinued. I was nervous because I am HIV+ and already have a weakened immune system and have already had 3 treatments behind me, there was concern.

However, I have had more good days than bad and felt everything would be fine. Thank goodness the nurse reported to me that my "blood count was perfect and to get out of here." I responded by saying "you don't have to tell me twice."

If you would like to read about how chemo effects your body and blood counts click here:
Chemotherapy And White Blood Cell Counts

No comments:

Post a Comment