Tuesday, December 9, 2008

MY PERSONAL SUPPORT TEAM

I came home and found an oncologist and started treatments, then connected with my personal support group. If I can not stress enough how important that is TRUST ME it is one of the most important things to have next to having the chemo treatments. One of the hardest parts of this was that when I usually was the one offering help and assistence to someone in need, NOW I was was being offered the help and assistance, First of all is my neighbor Cecilia she is the most heartwarming woman you would want to know. Her and and son Will, have taken me to get my treatments and picked me up afterward s, they put asided there lives to assist me in my time of need. I also reconnected with some friends that I had when before I left, they offered help and assistance during my treatments, however I have found out that some people say that because thats what they are suppose to say. Surpriszing me the most was a nother group of Very Special People that enetered my life. One of these was a Body Builder that I knew from the gym Ron, a day does not go by that i dont recieve a phone call from him. It is so heartwarming to receive these phone calls from someone I hardly knew. Another friend is Don, he has been great, he is the type of person just to tell you shut up and get over it, but for somereason we laugh and laugh so much together, thats it refreshing not to have someone watching what they say they just tell you like it is and then say get over it, lets go eat. Last but not least is my trainer, Phil Bray, He has spent the most time with me since I started my treatments, I never had a friend that I was able express my feeling as much as i can with him. He lets me cry, and does not judge me in anyway. I can go on and on about him and the rest, but I may get to emotional. I will say one thing I know who my TRUE FRIENDS ARE. Another heart warming encounter I had was with a neighbor that i never spoke to before. She was leaving the oncologist office as i was going in for my treatment, we said hello and spoke briefly. The next time i saw here we were both home in our complex and we spoke again, here is a woman maybe in here 70's that was offering to come sit with me for the 4hrs during my treatments, and we really didnt even know each other. I would not conflict that on anyone but it was so heartwarming I went up stairs and started to cry. My friend Phil was there and he thought something was wrong. It took me sometime to tell him what just happened that this woman I hardley know was offering to do that for ME. He held me and said Jeff after all the times you offered people help, now its time for you to accept it. There is nothing wrong to saying YES I need your Help, your Comforting, your Comfort, your Company, and Guidence. These people are true ANGELS and I am so HAPPY TO HAVE THEM IN MY LIFE FOR EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment